Robocorp Lab (4.22.8)
- Dynamic Robot template updates
- Added Playwright -template and more coming.
- All templates also now visible in Portal
- Updated and curated Keyword Explorer content to match rpaframework v11.4.0
- RCC updated to v11.4.3 -->
rcc configuration speedtest
- In Lab, use
File > Terminaland run
rcc configuration speedtestcommand to test the performance of your system.
- System requirements are notoriously hard to write up as in virtualized environments, we cannot trust just the hardware specs.
- The speed test results are set so that zero is a "good enough" value, positive values are good and negative values indicate slower performance.
- The results are split into
operations over networkand
operations over filesystem
- These are not just transfer speeds, as in virtualized systems, you can have blazing fast internet, but the CPU actions related to those might slow down the result.
- Same goes for the filesystem measurement; the specs of the hardware mean nothing if the actual file storing and reading is slow due to some virtualization layer or a heavy virus scanner process.
- In Lab, use
- Update to RCC v11.4.3
- Added retry mechanisms to attempt retries earlier and in smaller chunks.
- Added retries to removal processes as well (Windows file locks)
- Dropped minimum worker count to 2 to ease the load on minimal hardware.
- Lab kernel switching now jumps directly to the new one without an extra step to "backup kernel"
- Dependency updates for most extensions
- In Python the problem with
- Fixes to JupyterLab Tornado timing out, causing stuck states to
- Having `defaults '-channel in conda.yaml will cause errors; now is the time to get rid of that.
- Parts of the Lab basement are no longer shipped via defaults -channel, causing weird errors.
- Templates and robots in Robocorp Portal have been updated since February, but basically, you only need to remove that one line.
channels: - conda-forge dependencies: - python=3.7.5 - pip=20.1 - pip: - rpaframework==11.6.3
- "Lab is unresponsive" on some machines.
rcc configuration speedtestto determine the cause and ping the result on Slack / Forum.
- Disk speed seems to be the most common cause for slow environment setups
- A Windows machine with 2 CPU cores does struggle quite a lot as Windows Defender (or anti-virus scanners in general) pretty much occupy half of the processing power trying to scan the incoming files.
- Lab base dependencies are big, and we are working on getting a significant cut to those (via ipywidgets v8).
October 25, 2021