Robocorp Workforce Agent overview
What is Robocorp Workforce Agent?
Robocorp Workforce Agent provides a way to execute robots in an isolated environment on a target machine. Install the application, link it to a Robocorp account, and you are ready to go.
You can set your workforce robots to be executed on a specific Robocorp Workforce Agent running on the machine of your choice.
Why Robocorp Workforce Agent?
After you have implemented the logic for an automated process, you run into the problem of executing it somewhere else than your own machine. Executing automated processes usually requires specific environments, needs to be repeatable, and usually needs to be scalable, and this is currently not easy. Robocorp Workforce Agent's goal is to solve these problems.
Key product features
Get the environment for the execution.
- For a developer, no risks of polluting your system with different library versions, etc.
- For IT, no need to install the correct Python version on many machines.
- Executing a small thing 10000 times in serial takes a long time, BUT setting up one machine is simple.
- Executing 10000 small things in parallel is fast and creates a lot of savings IF the orchestration of Robocorp Workforce Agents is easy.
- Robocorp Workforce Agent is available as a self-hosted local installation, and Robocorp Cloud provides built-in Robocorp Workforce Agents as Docker containers that execute in the AWS cloud.
Enable execution on multiple platforms
- Some executions require running specifically on Windows / macOS / Linux.
- Some executions are platform-independent, so running them using cloud resources creates significant savings and increases speed.
- Some executions require very specific execution on specific machines in a very specific physical environment (self-hosted security / licensing requirements).
Get an isolated execution environment for each run
- No worries about polluting the environment between runs.
- Repeatability does not rely on "magic" environment setups.