Rules for the robot
Before you start with automation, complete the order process manually to see how it works. It is easier to automate a process you are familiar with:
Here is a short intro of the process you are going to automate 🎥 video.
My dear, without rules there's only chaos. - Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Senate Murders (2010)
- The robot should use the orders file (
.csv) and complete all the orders in the file.
- Only the robot is allowed to get the orders file. You may not save the file manually on your computer.
- The robot should save each order HTML receipt as a PDF file.
- The robot should save a screenshot of each of the ordered robots.
- The robot should embed the screenshot of the robot to the PDF receipt.
- The robot should create a ZIP archive of the PDF receipts (one zip archive that contains all the PDF files). Store the archive in the output directory.
- The robot should complete all the orders even when there are technical failures with the robot order website.
- The robot should be available in public GitHub repository.
- It should be possible to get the robot from the public GitHub repository and run it without manual setup.
When you are done with building your robot, it would look like this flowchart. You can visualise your .robot file as a flow chart at any point by using
Robot Framework: Open Robot Flow Explorer from the command palette.