Templates to Start a New Project
The purpose of the templates we provide via our tooling is to simplify getting started on a new project.
On top of templates, remember that Robocorp Portal is full of open-source example robots and broader solutions that you can use as the basis for your new projects.
Our tooling also supports using company-specific templates, and you can also use standard version control practices and have your projects start from a git repository you have made (
rcc pull --help).
🚀 So, we have options, but we are here to talk about the templates Robocorp offers.
As we can only show a limited amount of explanations in the tooling, here we try to give a better understanding of the templates to help you in the selection process.
NOTE: All templates should run out-of-the-box in
VS Code, or with just
RCC, so do not hesitate to use them as first testers as-is.
The Python templates are now working on top of our new robo -libraries and framework. This makes Python development super simple and powerful.
🚀 Think Python logging without a single line of code!
Don't forget that
rpaframework-libraries can also be used directly in Python robots.
- Just looking for Python?
- Template contains everything you need to start to write Python automations.
- Looking to do browser automations with Python?
- Template brings you the power of Playwright with zero extra steps. It's just there!
- This base project gives you a boost as it shows the most common use cases, taking data out of Excel files and pushing it into a web form.
- Looking for Producer-Consumer and parallel executions in Python?
- This template helps you get started with work items and multi-step processes that will unlock things like parallel executions for you.
- Looking for a template to interact with a human and get some AI and Vault in the mix?
- This template helps you to get started with attended automation. The template also shows a safe way to store secrets in Robocorp Vault as well as gives you a personal UI into Open AI ChatGPT.