Robocorp Lab changelog
Robocorp Lab (4.0.5)September 23, 2020
This is a major version update. Please uninstall the previous version of the application and install the new version by downloading it from https://robocorp.com/download. Instructions for uninstallation are available at our documentation site.
Features and changes
- Onboarding tutorial provided to users on the first install. Guide how to get
my-first-robotup and running.
- New and much faster "test run" for robots to be tested locally before uploading to the cloud.
- Isolated run environments are re-used whenever possible to improve performance.
- New flexible file structure enabled by a new
- Guide on migrating to the robot.yaml.
- Please note this a breaking change, and your existing robots will need to be migrated... the prize is a LOT faster test run.
- All robot examples have been updated to use the
robot.yamlconfiguration, and more examples have been added. You should get the latest examples and try them out.
- Application name changed to Robocorp Lab (from Robocode Lab). Other naming changes to improve UX.
- Language Server Protocol upgrade has improvements on auto-completion and other fixes.
- Error handling fixes.
- The new
ROBOT_ROOTenvironment variable can be used in scripts to refer to the base of the robot folder structure, instead of using relative paths.
Robocorp Lab (3.8.8)September 14, 2020
- Some additions to the anonymous error metrics information which is used for diagnosing and resolving possible technical and performance issues.
Robocorp Lab (3.8.7)September 10, 2020
New feature: Locators UI for managing browser-based locators
- Locators UI is available from the right sidebar.
- Locators UI allows creating and managing browser-based locators. Locators are created in the tool and can be used in keywords with syntax: alias:name_of_the_locator.
- See related article here
- We are looking forward to your feedback about this feature as it is still in an initial shape! There are plans to add support for other locator types such as image templates and Windows locators later.
New feature: Improved support for code completion by integrated Robot Framework LSP.
- Change log is now accessible from the Help menu in the welcome screen.
- UI updates related to terminology changes (package → robot).
- Fixed a problem related to cloud upload when switching workspaces.
Due to the integration of LSP, enhanced keyword arguments are temporarily disabled including:
template:. In previous releases, these provided interactive helpers via the TAB key.
We apologize for the inconvenience. We are at work fixing this.
As a workaround, it is possible to revert to the old functionality following these steps:
- Enable extension manager:
Enable Extension Manager
- Change the theme to access extension settings:
- Open Extension manager from the left side toolbar.
- Disable the following extension:
- Switch back to the default theme:
Robocode Lab Theme.
- Close and reopen the editor view.
To get the LSP features back, enable the
krassowski/jupyterlab-lsp extension again and reopen Robocorp Lab.
Robocorp Lab (3.6.2)August 27, 2020
- Improved issue reporting: after user confirmation, send logs and reports directly from application instead of triggering external email client.
- Improved log file rotation: clean up old files, new file when application starts, store log if an error is detected.
- rcc (Robocorp CLI replacement used internally) now includes opt-out metrics reporting.
- Prevented F5 key to be hijacked by Lab when window is not active.
Robocorp Lab (3.5.2)August 11, 2020
- Robocorp Lab now collects and sends anonymous error metrics information used for diagnosing and resolving technical and performance issues. This includes initialization step duration and error codes. Possibility for opt-out will be introduced in coming releases.
- Fixed bug causing devdata/env.json not being applied when opening activity package.
- Fixed bug causing Push to Robocorp Cloud button to stay disabled in case of rcc connection errors.
- Fixed issues related to initialization and shutdown by improving rcc connection handling.
- Fixed progress bar initialization.
Note: For terms and conditions, see https://cdn.robocorp.com/legal/Robocorp-EULA-v1.0.pdf.