Robots to Manage pre-built environments
Robot implementations for running and managing prebuilt environments with rccremote
The robots here enable you to pre-built RCC environments on normal Workers via Control Room process:
Robot for creating pre-built environments:
- Environment config given in workitem
- Built the environment using RCC
- Example shows pushing to S3, but you can replace this with basically any file server / service
Robot the "publishes" pre-built environments to RCC Remote. This robot is meant to be executed on the machine that is running rcc-remote service.
- Download the pre-built environment from S3
- You can replace the S3 with file service of your choosing
- Imports the pre-built environment so that rcc-remote service is able to distribute the environment to tools and users.
Note that here you can inject process tools and steps of yous choosing: Manual approvals, virus scanners, etc.
For more details checkout our docs on the topic
For running this robot you will need a S3 secret and a workitem that will contain the essential informations. The structure for the Vault item is:
- Secret name: s3secret
keyholding your AWS Access Key ID
secretholding the AWS Access Key
The structure for the Workitem is:
bucket: the value has to be the bucket name used to store the Holotree
url: the URL that points to the conda.yaml file or the metaconda.lst