A Robot Which Automates Windows Notepad To Test The Desktop Interactions
Contains Robocorp Robot which automates Windows Notepad.
explanation. "Robocorp Robot" means directory structure which is runnable with rcc tool (link at the bottom)
- open test.txt from current directory and expect that it is opened by Notepad (as .txt associated application)
- change font settings
- clear existing text
- copy text from clipboard into editor
- save and exit
Configuring run with environment variables
- FILETOOPEN (absolute filepath to file, defaults to current directory's test.txt)
- NOTEPADFONTNAME (default with Python is Comic Sans MS and with RFW Times New roman)
- NOTEPADFONTSIZE (default is 18)
- NOTEPADFONTSTYLE (default is Regular)
Running Robot with the Robot Framework syntax
> rcc run -t "Notepad with RFW"
Running Robot with the Python syntax
> rcc run -t "Notepad with Python"