Python - Browser automation with Playwright Template
Template for browser automation using Robocorp -libraries
The template provides you with the basic structure of a Python project: logging out of the box and controlling your tasks without fiddling with the base Python stuff. The environment contains the most used libraries, so you do not have to start thinking about those right away.
robocorp-browser, the browser automation uses Playwright without any extra steps.
👉 Other templates are available as well via our tooling and on our Portal
- Get Robocorp Code -extension for VS Code.
- You'll get an easy-to-use side panel and powerful command-palette commands for running, debugging, code completion, docs, etc.
- Get RCC
- Use the command:
🚀 After running the bot, check out the
log.html under the
We strongly recommend getting familiar with adding your dependencies in conda.yaml to control your Python dependencies and the whole Python environment for your automation.
🙋♂️ "Why not just pip install...?"
Think of conda.yaml as an equivalent of the requirements.txt, but much better. 👩💻 With
conda.yaml, you are not just controlling your PyPI dependencies; you control the complete Python environment, which makes things repeatable and easy.
👉 You will probably need to run your code on another machine quite soon, so by using
- You can avoid
Works on my machine-cases
- You do not need to manage Python installations on all the machines
- You can control exactly which version of Python your automation will run on
- You'll also control the pip version to avoid dep. resolution changes
- No need for venv, pyenv, ... tooling and knowledge sharing inside your team.
- Define dependencies in conda.yaml, let our tooling do the heavy lifting.
- You get all the content of conda-forge without any extra tooling
Dive deeper with these resources.
The full power of rpaframework -libraries is also available on Python as a backup while we implement the new Python libraries.
🚀 Now, go get'em
Start writing Python and remember that the AI/LLM's out there are getting really good and creating Python code specifically.
👉 Try out Robocorp ReMark 💬
For more information, do not forget to check out the following: