System requirements for development use
For a multiplatform application, there are multiple permutations of system setups to test on. The following are the systems that Robocorp tests on. Other systems might also work, but we are not able to guarantee that.
- Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise editions are recommended
- Build 1909 or newer
- Updates to version 2004 or 20H2 are recommended before May 11th 2021.
- For development tasks, the user usually needs some elevated permissions (for installing the software), but in Robocorp applications, we try to avoid requiring admin permissions while running.
- Long filename support should be enabled.
It is always recommended to keep Windows 10 up-to-date according to Microsoft release information as older versions always have security concerns.
- Catalina (Version 10.15) recommended
- 2020-12-01: Only limited tests with
Big Surand no tests yet on the M1 silicon devices.
- Ubuntu 18.04 recommended
- 2020-12-01: Moving to 20.04, but only limited tests so far.
- The latest version of Chrome is the recommended browser.
- Tools and libraries support other browsers as well, but we limit our tests to Chrome.